HOW TO DEFROST MY FREEZER:
Manual Defrost Freezer models must be defrosted manually. For best operation, the freezer should be defrosted when the frost accumulation becomes 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Below are the instructions for manually defrosting your Thomson freezer.
• Turn the temperature control to OFF and unplug the freezer.
• Remove all food and place in corrugated boxes, insulated bags, picnic coolers, etc. Use towels and newspapers for insulation, as needed.
• Remove the drain plug (on models so equipped).
• With the door open, use pans of hot water to speed the loosening of frost. Remove large pieces of frost before they melt.
• Sponge the excess water from the bottom of the freezer as it collects to prevent overflowing.
• After defrosting, clean the inside of the freezer by wiping down with a baking soda and water solution. Rinse and dry.
• Be sure to replace drain cap (on models so equipped). Return the drain tube to its position and replace the grille.
• Plug the freezer in, return the temperature control to the normal position and return food to the freezer.